Many thanks to Sarah from Here You Me blog for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
This really cheered me up between my night shifts! It means a lot that readers are finding my blog relatable and versatile, I’m not aiming to be the best beauty/foodie/travel blogger, I just write about goings on in my life and things that interest me so it’s nice to see people enjoy reading this blog and sharing their own thoughts and interests with me.
As part of the award I need to share 7 facts about myself, and then nominate fellow versatile bloggers to do the same. I understand you’re meant to nominate newbie bloggers, but instead I’m going to nominate the blogs that come to mind when I first thing of the word versatile. Those blogs that always have a selection of different posts to keep me reading post after post.
7 Facts About Me
1. I’m a natural red head. Although I have tried every colour under the sun to change this at times, after 10 years, I’ve finally come to the conclusion that being a red head suits me best. No shit Sherlock!
2. I live with my brother. I moved in with him around 18 months ago, mainly to get away from living at home and my Mum always wanting to know my every move. That being said, I actually feel a lot closer to her now than ever before. I’m currently considering moving back home for a year or so to try and save for a deposit on my own property. Plus, my bedroom is bigger there, I feel more ‘at home’ there and I want to spend some more time with my sister before she heads off to University in September.
3. I love Peter Pan. Literally everything to do with it. I actually found an annual in a book store in Brighton last week which dates back to 1968 and have been in love with it since. I even have a Peter Pan tattoo. If that’s not commitment (or crazy) then I don’t know what is.
4. I was born with Hirschsprungs Disease. At the time (26 years ago) it wasn’t a very well known disease and many children with the same condition didn’t survive back then or suffered more complications due to late diagnosis. It’s all corrected now and I’m a (relatively) normal human being and for that I’ll be forever grateful. This was the reason I wanted to become a nurse. Spending a lot of time in hospital as a child, I was surrounded by such caring doctors and nurses and just couldn’t picture doing anything else.
5. I drink a LOT of tea. Its the first thing I do when I wake up and it’s probably best not to talk to me until I’ve had one.
6. I watch a LOT of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I’ve actually got it on in the background as I’m writing this.
7. Travel is my therapy. This mainly stemmed from the 5 month trip i did with a friend back in 2013, but now it feels as though I have to travel to keep myself sane. I get panicky when I don’t have travel plans of some sort and have to get away at least every 3 months.
Ella @ Ella Was Here
Adele @ Adele’s Journey To A Better Life
Megan @ Lazy Thoughts
Kirstie @ A Yellow Brick Blog
Ffion @ A South Wales Blog
Laura @ Loved By Laura
Kirsty @ Blessed By Meow
Rosie @ Cider With Rosie
Rhianna @ Robowecop
Angela @ The Awkward Blog
Thanks again Sarah for nominating me 🙂
Till next time!