I’m pleased to say that yes, May was indeed a better month than April! Here’s why…
1. First and foremost… I got a new job! I do love my current job but started to feel like i wasn’t getting the career development I was after. So on a whim I had a nosey on NHS Jobs and came across the perfect post for me. A Band 6 (senior staff nurse) post in A&E at a London hospital which I have previously worked at and loved when I first qualified. So I thought to myself ‘If I don’t apply for it I’ll constantly wonder “what if?” ‘, so I applied for it. Two weeks later I got an interview and got offered the job just two hours after interview! Boom! I now just have two night shifts left in my current job! Eeeek!
I am sad to be leaving as the team here is amazing, but this is just something I need to do for my career. Lets just hope it pays off! Looking forward to some much needed leaving drinks on Friday night to end this chapter of my life with a bang! Well, I’ll probably end up doing bank shifts until I actually get an official start date for my new job.
2. Following on from the job offer and looking to save money more quickly for house deposits, I have decided to move back home. It’s been lovely living with Jon, but it makes sense to move back home. It’ll be easier for the commute to work, closer to friends and I’ll get to spend more time with my sister before she heads off to university in September (how time flies!)
3. My Godson turned 3!
4. Getting more and more into blogging! I was a bit embarrassed about showing my blog posts to friends and family at first, didn’t want them constantly asking me things about what I’ve written, but I’ve actually received nothing but positive feedback from it and even have a few regular readers now! From this, I decided that I needed to give my blog a bit of a boost, so went and make a Facebook page for my blog which you can find here.
5. I got a new phone! OK, I hate the fact that I’ve put something so materialistic in my Yays list, but i can’t tell you how much I’ve missed having an iPhone. Everything is so much quicker and all my life is in one place and can link everything on my iPad, Laptop and phone together so I have access to all my documents and photos when I need it. Organisation win!
1. Being stuck in limbo between my brothers flat and home until I finish my job here and start my new one. I’m currently in the process of moving all my stuff home bit by bit. I have a lot of crap! Below is just one 10th of what i need to shift!
2. Not knowing my start date yet is limiting me in terms of making plans for the next month or so as I don’t know what my shifts are going to be like, let alone my start date yet. Still awaiting CRB checks and all that new job jazz. All we be rectified soon. You know me though, I hate things being all up in the air and feel as though I don’t know whether I’m coming or going! I’m just going to try and enjoy the last two weeks or so living here, taking time off work in between jobs and moving back home 🙂
Till next time!