So ends another great year that was 2015. It involved a lot of travel, a change in jobs, moving back home and making new friends. So without further ado…
1. What did you do that you’d never done before?
Meet a load of bloggers I’d never met face to face at not only 1, but 4 events this year!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well my vague resolutions for last year were to try and save some money towards house deposit and get into some sort of healthy eating and fitness routine without being too strict about it. Well the first definitely happened and I’m around halfway towards my deposit. The second, i’d say definitely more experimental (mainly thanks to J) but feel i am making healthier food choices than i used to. Also got myself a Blend Active and have been enjoying taking in smoothies on night shifts to help stop snacking on rubbish. Winner.
Resolutions for next year:
Exercising more (i know, new year new start blah blah) but really need to start planning out my workouts week by week and write them down so i actually stick by them. Might give the couch to 5k app a go and see how far i get!
Save even more and hopefully buy my own place by the end of the year. Need to actually get my head around what mortgages actually are and what type would be best for me. Errr. Yeah.
Achieve my goals set out in my PDR at work – namely improving on clinical skills and hopefully an A&E course or equivalent.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my closest friends did last month! And he’s such a cutie.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? Poland, Spain (Tenerife), Denmark (Copenhagen), Italy (Rome), Malta, Croatia, Iceland
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More of a social life! Although this is getting harder with peoples (including my own) work and life commitments becoming a higher priority.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory?
19th June (meeting J) and 29th June (starting new job)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a Band 6 role in A&E and saving the amount I have whilst still travelling a fair bit. Winner.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
10. What was the best thing you bought?:
Plane tickets, obviously!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family for always being there for me and J for still putting up with me..!
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I wasn’t appalled/depressed but I was disappointed in someone I classed as a friend who didn’t value friendship in the same way I do.
13. Where did most of your money go? Savings and Adventures.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Starting new job, meeting J, first camping trip with J, going to Croatia and Iceland.
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? So much happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Pretty much exactly the same (minus all the xmas roast dinners and cheese boards…)
iii. richer or poorer? Richer (although its in savings!)
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
19. How will you be spending Christmas?
I had a pretty traditional Christmas – Christmas Eve drinks and pressie exchange in The Ascott pub with friends – Christmas day with family (minus my brother and sister) and saw J in the evening – followed by the same on Boxing Day and family/friends round ours for games on the 28th (usually 27th but I was working)
21. How many one night stands in this last year? None.
22. What was your favorite TV program this year?: First Dates, Orange is the new Black, Once upon a Time.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Aint got no time for hatin’.
25. What was the best book you read? The Girls – Lisa Jewell (really need to read more next year, only managed 2 this year)
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Erm…
27. What did you want and get? A decent man in my life
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Gotta be Star Wars: The Force Awakens really.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27 and had a Hawaiian themed BBQ/Party at home.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
More flattering and more mainstream.
33. What kept you sane? J, Family and Friends
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most? Erm…
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The whole Junior Doctors and Paramedics having unsociable hours pay cut
36. Who did you miss? Some uni friends who i haven’t managed to get around to seeing this year.
37. Who was the best new person you met? J hands down. Also some awsome new work colleagues!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“You don’t have to be there babe, you don’t have to be scared babe, you don’t need a plan of what you wanna do wont you listen to the man that’s loving you oh”
Hopes for 2016:
1. predict something that you think will happen in 2016?:
I can’t predict the future!
2. what do you hope changes about your country?:
That Doctors & Nurses start getting the recognition they deserve and stop being screwed over by the government!
3. what do you hope for yourself?:
That i achieve my work goals, get motivation to exercise regularly through better planning and hopefully move out into my own place.
4. what do you hope for your family?: That we continue to support one another and stay close.
5. what do you hope for your best friend/s?: That they’re happy and healthy.
1. Where were you when it began?:
A friends house playing games and watching films.
3. What was your new year wish?:
Don’t think I made one.
4. How many boy/girlfriends?:
5. Broke up?:
1 back in February, and I’m so glad i did otherwise I’d have never have met J.
6. Did you have any crushes?:
Nothing school-girl like.
7. Did you make new friends?:
A few through meeting J and a few through starting my new job.
8. Did you have to say goodbye to anyone?:
9. Did you missed anyone?:
Some Uni friends.
10. Did you win anything?:
Nothing comes to mind…
11. Where’s the best place you went to?:
Got to be both Copenhagen and Iceland.
13. What was your happiest moment?:
Landing a new job, the Centre Parcs trip with friends, meeting J and finding out what was in the birthday box!
15. Best present?: My new engraved necklace from J, Silver Spitfire from Mum and Teapots! Oh and the hand drawn picture of a spitfire that J’s Grandpa gave me. Bless.