Every year pretty much since I started blogging (even back in my livejournal days!) I have done this yearly review.
I just love having something to look back on in the years to come and see how far I’ve come. This year for sure has been quite something! Apologies for the lack of blog posts this year – but if you read on, you can see I’ve been a bit busy…
1. What did you do that you’d never done before? Bought my first home, went scuba diving and got myself a ginger cat!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? To exercise more, buy a house and improve clinical skills at work. Well the last two happened..! For 2017 I want to go back to number 1 on last years last years list which – to exercise more. I did about 7 weeks of the couch to 5K over Jan/Feb and then gave up. Back on it in January. Need to look up Zumba classes around Bicester too. Although I am cycling to and from Bicester station now so that’s something..!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my friends had a gorgeous baby girl, Emilia 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? France, Spain (Barcelona and Valencia) and Furteventura
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory? Moving into my first home with J was a pretty big date and J finishing his Nursing degree at University.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Passing the Advanced Paediatric Life Support Course, Buying a House and getting the balls to try scuba diving 💪
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not much apart from the odd D&V 👌
10. What was the best thing you bought? House, Tigger (cat) and Holiday to Fuerteventura with J
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mum for supporting me greatly with the house buying and J for still putting up with me 😂
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? An old college friend of mine and someone I’d rather not mention as they’ll probably read this.
13. Where did most of your money go? Household Appliances and Furniture..!
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Again – Holiday and House..!
15. What song/album will always remind you of 2016? Craig David – When the baseline drops. Welcome back Craig David!!
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? The same
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer but worth it ☺️
17. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying and Procrastinting
19. How will you be spending Christmas?: I spent it working night shifts but managed to see family in between. Looking forward to New Years with friends ☺️
20. Did you fall in love in 2016? Only more in love than I was already – now that I have two favourite boys ☺️
22. What was your favorite TV program this year? Probably Bake Off and surprisingly Planet Earth. Proper grown up now!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Not hate – but dislike yes.
25. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter 1-3
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Seeing Elshay back in Cafe 1001 took me by complete surprise. Miss going to underground gigs and seeing unsigned talent first hand.
28. What did you want and not get? Nothing springs to mind
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Probably Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. Also enjoyed finally watching Inside Out.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28 and did a joint birthday do at Junkyard Golf Club in Shoreditch and was treated my J to a slap up meal at the Crazy Bear in Beaconsfield
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? Not greatly changed to be honest.
33. What kept you sane? J, for sure.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Erm, Brexit?!
36. Who did you miss? Seeing close friends more often.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Some new work colleagues
**Please excuse the mid-nights, eye bag posing **
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016: If you put your mind to it, you can and will achieve it.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? “If you gave me a chance I would take it – It’s a shot in the dark but I’ll make it – Know with all of your heart, you can’t shake me – When I am with you, there’s no place I’d rather be”
Best of 2016:
1. Party: My brothers Disney Themed 30th!
2. Show: Didn’t see any *hides in shame*
3. Album: KT Tunstall’s new music
4. Movie: Fantatsic Beasts and where to find them
5. Song: Craig David – When the baseline drops
6. Experience: Scuba Diving and moving into new home with J.
8. Book: Harry Potter 1-3
9. Month: May, August, September and October
10. Day: A friends wedding in May and Moving House Day in October
Hopes for 2017:
1. Predict something that you think will happen in 2017?: It’s going to take a lot to beat it…!
2. What do you hope changes about your country?: People see the benefits of the NHS and stop abusing it
3. What do you hope for yourself?: That I get a little fitter and progress further in my career
4. What do you hope for your family?: That we all remain in good health.
5. What do you hope for your best friend?: That they’re happy.
1. Where were you when it began?: In bed trying to sleep between day shifts
2. Did you stay up?: Till 12:30
3. What was your new year wish?: Didn’t make one
4. How many boy/girlfriends?: One.
5. Break up?: 0 👌
6. Have any crushes?: Nope.
7. Care to mention names?:
8. New friends?: Few work colleagues
9. Had to say goodbye?: Nope.
10. Missed anyone?: Some close friends
11. Win anything?: Just at life 👌
12. Best place you went to?: Valencia
14. Happiest moment?: Going on holiday with J, watching friends get married, getting my own house and bringing Tigger (cat) home
15. How was your birthday?: Pretty different trying out Junkyard Golf and experiencing dinner at the Crazy Bear.
16. Best present?: Dinner at the Crazy Bear with new dress & heels to go with it, Smart TV for new home, and 2 glider lessons and membership for Bicester Gliding Centre.
The best present I got someone was J’s birthday present – Scuba Diving with Penguins in Torquay’s zoo and aquarium.
My goal for 2017 is mainly just to use my time and plan things a bit better, without giving myself too much of a hard time! Blogging more is definitely on the list though. Maybe I should start using an actual paper diary again. Yes. That worked well before, when I actually used it that is…