I know I have barely blogged his year – but I couldn’t see the year out without doing my yearly round up quiz. May need to look at tweaking some of the questions next year as I’ve been using the same one for around 10 years… So without further ado…
1. What did you do that you’d never done before? Got engaged!! Ahem, and tried out gliding which was scary and awsome!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Resolutions from last year were to exercise more. This has been a bit up and down this year due to changing jobs where I’m now office based as opposed to running around A&E for 12 hours a day so slowly saw the pounds creeping on. However, I did train and complete a 5k race for life and recently joined a gym in my area and pushing myself to do 2-3 classes a week that I enjoy.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Hungary, Wales and the Peak District if that counts..!
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017? More travel – which will be easy to beat with Lisbon, Vegas and Malta already in planning. I also want to be better at making the most use of my spare time and see friends/family a bit more regularly.
7. What dates from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory? Getting Engaged and getting a new (and 9-5!) specialist nursing role and J’s Graduation day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Landing my new job.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Dental issues – but what’s new?
10. What was the best thing you bought? Going for a boring/adult answer here, but probably a tumble dryer. Has made the world of difference..!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Probably my Mum and partner for commuting endlessly to work and having to pretty much live in a hotel for 6 months whilst waiting for their new house to be completed..! Also J for all the support throughout the last year.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one I can think of.
13. Where did most of your money go? Bills!
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Being engaged? That was/still is an exciting time. Also – FRIENDS Fest!
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? FATTER
iii. richer or poorer? The same? So basically fat and happy!
17. What do you wish you’d done more of? Seeing friends.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying and Procrastinting. Same as last year, but definitely feels like I did less of it this year.
19. How will you be spending Christmas?: I spent it with my family Christmas Day and J’s family boxing day – plus the yearly secret santa guys gift exchange and meet up
20. Did you fall in love in 2017? Already in it and stayed very much in it
21. How many one night stands in this last year? None.
22. What was your favorite TV program this year? Greys Anatomy
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No hate this year..!
25. What was the best book you read? The Goddess Revolution by Mel Wells and Harry Potter – The Order of the Phoenix
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Pass. Not really kept up to date with music this year – although did enjoy Paramore’s new album and new sound.
27. What did you want and get? A new laptop and a new job
28. What did you want and not get? Nothing springs to mind.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The second kingsman film probably
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29 and celebrated my birthday (and engagement) with a BBQ at ours with close friends
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having enough time with family/ friends due to work and other commitments and blogging
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017? Not greatly changed.
33. What kept you sane? J
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Nursing Pay Cap
36. Who did you miss? Some friends I’ve not seen in a while.
37. Who was the best new person you met? All my new work colleagues!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017: If you need help, ask for it.
Hopes for 2018:
– Continue to exercise regularly and nourish my body better with good food that nourishes my body.
– That both me and J enjoy wedding planning without toooo much stress..!
– That I continue to enjoy my job and work hard pass my courses relevant to it.
– Blog more. Blog more. Blog more!
– Enjoy celebrating most of my friends 30th Birthdays (including my own!)
– Read more books and enforce it into my bedtime routine.
Thanks 2017, you were life changing (for the better!)
2018, let’s be having ya! x