So… I’m back! Can’t promise how long for this time but I’m back for now! This year has just gone by in a flash and I can’t believe Christmas has been and gone and it’s (almost) 2019.
There’s been a LOT going on this year from pretty much all my friends (me included) turning 30, 3 holidays, wedding planning, courses, work in general the list goes on and before you know it, boom, it’s another year gone!
The next year ahead is going to be EVEN MORE full on (doing another and more intense course, working full time, wedding planning and actually getting married to name a few). I need to remember to take time to breathe, trust my gut look after myself in the process. Easier said than done I’m sure, but I will definitely be making that a priority over anything.
Without further a do – here’s my yearly round up in the form of a LiveJournal quiz that I’ve used for the last 10+ years. It may be my only post of the year – but knew I definitely had to do at least this one!
1. What did you do that you’d never done before? Passed a post graduate course at level 6 (unless you count mentorship done 6 years ago, which even that I failed first time round) and went to a proper drag show (with brunch!)
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Don’t think I made any last year… whoops. Resolutions for this year: get to my SlimmingWorld target (preferably pre-wedding), get back to the gym (as I’ve been off since dental work was done and have been using that and Christmas as an excuse), allow more time for reading books, try and blog more than once this year, finish planning our wedding and actually get married!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes a friend of mine
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Malta, Portugal (Lisbon) and the USA (Las Vegas)
6. What would you like to do more of in 2019 that lacked in 2018? Make socialising and spending time with friends and family more of a priority.
7. What dates from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory? Probably my 30th birthday, finding out I’d passed my course and finding my perfect wedding dress!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Passing my Diabetes Course.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? Only a fair bit of agony from having all my wisdoms out under local anaesthetic – here’s to no further dental issues in 2019..!
10. What was the best thing you bought? I didn’t buy anything frivolous for myself this year, more house things really and wedding payments.
11. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Paul and Jo for the helpful wedding planning advice, my Mum for just being her and Joe for all the support (during my course, wedding planning, the house dramas and everything in between) throughout the last year.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? No one I can think of.
13. Where did most of your money go? Dental work and house issues!?
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Wedding dress shopping, holidays to Vegas and Malta and Lisbon, turning 30 with my close friends
15. What song/album will always remind you of 2018?: Honestly? Probably Baby Shark sadly enough. That’s not to say I like it – but it was pretty huge. Bit like the crazy frog year. Personally? Be More Kind – Frank Turner
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner (healthier)
iii. richer or poorer? The same.
17. What do you wish you’d done more of? Seeing friends.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying / sorting out house things and just get out and about more.
19. How did you be spend Christmas?: I spent it with Joe’s family on Christmas Day, my family on boxing day, the 27th December being our annual ‘games night’ and the secret santa the weekend before with the guys.
20. Did you fall in love in 2018?: Stayed well and truly in it.
21. What was the best book you read? I Found You by Lisa Jewell. Currently reading This Is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay (bit late to the party I know..!)
22. What was your greatest musical discovery? Not an Artist or band this time but Spotify. Just Spotify.
23. What did you want and get? A Diabetes Qualification?
24. What did you want and not get? Nothing springs to mind
25. What was your favorite film of this year? The Greatest Showman
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 30 and went to Oxford with my friends for punting and cocktails
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Spending more time on family and friends
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2018? Not greatly changed, a little more experimental but good.
29. What kept you sane? Having a job that allows some element of routine I think has kept me more sane. People wise it’d have to be Joe, Jo and some work colleagues who put up with me!
30. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most? Phillip Schofield – random.
31. What political issue stirred you the most? I’d say Brexit but nobody knows what’s happening yet so can’t really get stirred about it
32. Who did you miss? Some friends I’ve not seen for a while
33. Who was the best new person you met? The group of PDSNs and Dietitian’s I met on my Diabetes Course and my super encouraging Slimming World family
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018: If you don’t want to do something, don’t be afraid to say no.
Hopes / Goals for 2019:
– Continue to exercise regularly and nourish my body better with good food that’s valuable for me.
– Spend less time on my phone – more so on social media apps – and use that time to do other activities. Exercise, reading, studying, maybe even blogging? So if I don’t respond to friends Facebook posts over the next few months – I’m sorry in advance. Just sick of constant mindless scrolling taking up valuable me time.
– To get married to the love of my life in an absolutely fabulous dress with friends and family around me without too many hiccups along the way!
– To pass my Non-Medical Prescribing Course (will need all the hope and luck for that!)
⁃ That my family and friends remain well and that I see more of them in 2019.
– Read more books and enforce it into my bedtime routine.
– Blog more..?
2019, it’s going to be a big one, let’s be having ya! x